- The computer must be turned off. If it is not, please shut it down prior to beginning.
- Press the power button to power on the computer.
- Immediately after pressing the power button, press and hold the [D] button on the keyboard. Continue to hold down the key until the Apple Hardware Test (AHT) icon appears or the Apple Diagnostics (AD) language selection menu loads.
- At this point, the next step will depend entirely on the version of the utility that loads. For AHT, go to step 4a; For AD, go to step 4b.
- 4a. Once the console is fully loaded, using a mouse or keyboard click the Test button or type in T to begin the self-test. If you wish to perform a more thorough test, check the "Perform extended testing" check box before beginning the test. This examination takes longer to complete, but it provides in-depth checking of RAM addresses and Hard Drive sectors for errors.
- 4b. Once the language is selected, the computer will begin the self test, which takes 2-3 minutes on average. When the test is complete, any issues detected will be listed on the subsequent screen. Helpful links to resolving many of these issues may be included, directly from Apple's support site. Additionally, AD uses reference codes to identify specific issues pertaining to hardware and potential failures. These codes can be used to further breakdown a problem or contact Apple technical support directly from AD.
Welcome to the official XDANDROID AOSP thread which is dedicated to getting Android running on our beloved HTC devices.
Phhusson: has dedicated most of his time helping users and updating kernel to run Eclair and his work for other msm7k devices. However phhusson is not alone as there are also other members working on this. You can find some of them on http://www.htc-linux.org. I've listed some of the developers i know of that currently are working on and they deserve credits and thanks. We also have to note that before this work done there was quite a substantial number of people starting working on linux for our devices. Without them we may not be where we are today. So respect and credits to everyone involved in working on linux kernel for msm devices.
I am not responsible for any damages or problems your device encounters. The build is relatively safe and shouldn't cause any problems.
This tutorial wil…